Thursday, July 19, 2012

Another Summer.

I love my job, even though I’ve hated the recent budgetary issues and pink slippage.   I love it for many reasons…

Summers off with my baby.

Vacations with my baby.

Holidays with my baby.

I guess the trend is the time off, I admit it, I love it.  I also love that day in, and day out I’m doing what I love.  Creating art with others. 

This year is a  bit different for me as it is July 18th and I still don’t know what school I’m going to be teaching at this coming school year.  My city is in budgetary turmoil, and has been for the past six months.   I thought I was going to come out of it unscathed, with job in hand (not much of a crazy thought as I have five years in the system).  But, I was very wrong.   This May I received a pink slip, a reduction in force notice, that I wasn’t going to have a job in the fall.   How scary when we have a child, a mortgage, and bills to pay.   I never thought I was going to be one of those people that was unemployed (how judgmental on my part).

I did the whole thing, applying everywhere, interviewed at one school only to lose the position to a friend from college, and applied for unemployment.  Losing my job was incredibly disappointing as my husband and I literally just came off the Birth control boat and were ready to give Harrison a sibling.

Fate works in odd and amazing ways, and last week the mailman hand delivered a certified letter to me reinstating my job.  I literally jumped and yelled out in joy.  

What sweet sweet relief to have my job back.

IMG_2898       IMG_2989  IMG_2982

Now I can go back to having my

Summers with my baby

Vacations with my baby

Holidays with my baby

All while having a job I love.

 

-Ashley

No comments: