Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baby and sleep... Apparently the only two things on my mind.

I don't get it.


I JUST don't GET it.

Harrison, if you are that tired why don't you continue to sleep through the morning?

Why do you insist upon waking up at 5:15, when Momma decides to drag you into bed, pretend like you're going to sleep for 45 minutes, then pop your head up ready to go for the day?

But, not only that.   After twenty minutes awake you're ready for a nap and Mommy is up for the day.

I was never one of those people that could 'sleep when the baby sleeps'.   I can't nap.  It drives me Crazy.

So now my beautiful son lies next to me on the couch while I type away and he snoozes.

I am beyond jealous.


I wonder what a full night of sleep, or uninterrupted sleep feels like.  I haven't slept for two years, sighhhh.
At least H does a bit better than his cousin.   My SIL is up 4-5 times a night with her one year old, talk about exhausted, I can't complain.

Now as i typed this post my son decided that the ten minute nap he took was sufficient for this morning.

He needs routine, I need to become more disciplined as a mother to enforce a routine, I think it would benefit all of us.

Perhaps this would've been best done months ago, and my 'free spirit' mentality of mommyhood has kicked me in the ass.



No comments: